6th Aug 2020
New statistics reveal the effectiveness of NSW sentencing reforms introduced back in 2018.
30th Jul 2020
An update on the overruling of BAL19 and the application of s501 on Temporary Protection Visas.
17th Aug 2020
Monday 17 August 2020
25th Aug 2020
Tuesday 25 August 2020
We're an active community of nearly 1,500 solicitors, barristers and other legal professionals all dedicated to protecting and promoting justice, freedom and the rights of the individual.
Our ability to provide high-quality Continuing Professional Development (CPD) events, and advocate on behalf of legal professionals and the people they represent, depends on the support we receive from our members.
In addition to unlocking your ability to advocate effectively for justice, becoming a member gives you opportunities to network, raise your professional profile, keep up-to-date with legal developments and attend conferences at a discounted rate.
Membership benefits include access to:
- a bi-monthly journal, Precedent, available online and in hard copy;
- a weekly e-newsletter, ALAn, keeping you up-to-date on recent developments in relevant practice areas;
- significant member discounts to our industry-leading CPD events;
- the ALA expert assistance network – fellow members who can recommend a medico-legal professional to assist with your litigation matters;
- advocacy on your behalf at the federal, state and territory levels to help protect our industry, and our clients;
- the ability to build your profile within our community by participating in state committees, special interest groups, contributing to our publications or law reform campaigns;
- our archive of digital publications, going back more than 20 years;
- invitations to our social events;
- our exclusive online members' portal;
- plus much more!