QLD State Conference FEB 2017
(1.5% surcharge applies for credit card payments)
Voting Member: $1,100
RACV Royal Pines Resort
Registrations Open: 7th Nov 16 12:00 AM
Registrations Close: 23rd Feb 17 11:59 PM
Places Available: 95
The recently refurbished RACV Royal Pines Resort is the venue for the QLD State Conference, to be held 17-18 February 2017.
Featuring state of the art facilities, the Resort's multi-million dollar upgrade of its convention centre now offers one of the best conference and event experiences in Australia.
CLICK HERE to RACV Hall of Fame Award
CLICK HERE to RACV Tourism Award
Conveniently located just a short distance from Surfers Paradise, the resort offers 5 restaurants, 2 bars, lagoon pool, gym, 27-hole championship golf course, 5 tennis courts and day spa nestled in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland.
The conference provides an excellent opportunity for practitioners to keep up to date on the latest developments in personal injuries law, to network and socialise in a relaxed environment - Don’t miss your opportunity to obtain up-to-date, essential information to assist you in your practice.
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Legal and Social Responses to the Royal Commission. Father Frank Brennan SJ AO, recently appointed CEO of Catholic Social Services Australia, will speak on the issue of the change in community expectations around institutional abuse, the Royal Commission's recommendations and response by institutions and what this means for survivors.
OTHER PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
• Sex Abuse Claims and Limitation of Actions – Past, Present and Future Developments – Dr Andrew Morrison RFD SC will discuss legislative responses to the Royal Commission into Institutional Abuse in light of the proposed reforms in Queensland
• Class Action Regime, Queensland – Ready for Action – Charles Wilson, Inns of Court covers everything you need to know about the new Queensland class action regime
• Katrina Pedersen and Carolyn Howe of Shine Lawyers present Stuff They Don’t Teach You at Law School
• Assessment of Damages for Overseas Claimants – Michael Lee, Vincents Chartered Accounts
will talk you through the crucial issues you need to consider when dealing with an injured client from overseas.
• Opting Out of Long-term Care– an investigation of when and where evidence matters with Gerard Mullins, Darrow Chambers
• Alameddine v Glenworth Valley Horse Riding: ACL and Thinking Outside the Square – an in-depth case analysis by Laura Neil, Endeavour Chambers
• NIIS and NDIS updates including the recent implementation of the motor accident and workplace NIIS schemes, delivered by Rod Hodgson, Maurice Blackburn
• PLUS Sessions on Ethics, Motor Accident, Public Liability, WorkCover, Medical Negligence, TDP/Disability and more!
RACV Royal Pines Resort, Gold Coast
Voting Member: $1,100
Non-voting Member: $900
Non Member: $1,800
* CLICK HERE to learn more about membership.
Friday 17 February 2017
9am-5.00pm Day 1 Sessions (Registration from 8.30am)
6.30pm-11pm Conference Dinner
Saturday 18 February 2017
8am-4.00pm Day 2 Sessions
*** SOLD OUT***
Superior Room $220 p/n (room only) - Pool or coastal views
Conference days: Friday 17 February and Saturday 18 February 2017.
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be put on a wait list as cancellations often occur).
The Conference Dinner will be held Friday 17 February at the resort.
Guest tickets: $140 p/hd
Special reduced golf rate for all conference attendees. 18 Holes of golf and club hire for a special rate
of $69 per person. For reservations or for more information, please call the Golf & Sports team on
(07) 5597 8733.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD FLYER
This event is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to over 300 legal practitioners with a social justice focus. Various sponsorship packages are available for this conference, ranging from major partners, exhibitors, advertisers, social event sponsorship and tailored packages.